Playgym: Play Tree
Submitted by: Jake
Author’s Note: Hi, I’m Jake and my birds LOVE their play tree. This is how you do it:
What You’ll Need:
- A bird safe tree (non toxic) (Note: It helps if the tree has lots of horizontal branches. This provides natural perching and a great place to hang toys from.)
- Something to support your tree like a pot with rocks or something. (Note: Please don’t use potting soil as it can and will hurt your birds if they play in it.)
- A BUNCH OF PERCHES AND TOYS!
- Step 1: Gather your materials.
- Step 2: Set up your tree in whatever stand you wish to use. (I used a big wooden pine block and drilled a whole big enough for the tree to fit in.)
- Step 3: Make sure your tree won’t fall over if your bird lands on it.
- Step 4: ADD STUFF! Add perches and toys and ladders and anything you can think of! This is the best part so make it fun and enjoyable for both you and your bird. You can use zip ties and rope and everything like that to tie down perches and toys.
Have fun but BE SAFE!