Eucalyptus Bark Chew
Submitted by: Andrew
Author’s Note: I use the bark from eucalyptus trees to keep my birds entertained.
What You’ll Need:
- Eucalyptus bark, I try to use bark that the tree has already shed, but sometimes I peel loose bark off the tree
- Step 1: Gather pieces of Eucalyptus bark (use bark that is loose or has been shed from the tree).
- Step 2: Put in the oven for 30 minutes at 200-250 °F (90-120 °C) to kill any bugs that might cause problems for the budgies. (Soak the bark in a little water before putting it in the oven to prevent it from burning or smoking.)
- Step 3: Allow the bark to cool in the oven.
- Step 4: Hang it inside their cage with a clip and watch them chew it to shreds.
They love it more than any of the toys I buy in the store.