Toy: Butter Tub Gym
Submitted by: Joann
Author’s Note: My young budgies love to play peek a boo threw the holes, chase each other through the holes, swing on it, chase the little balls inside, and make noise with their feet on the plastic bottom.
What You’ll Need:
- Large butter tub with lid (thoroughly washed)
- Nylon rope
- Cat toy balls with bells inside
- Razor blade for cutting holes in the tub (should be handled by an adult)
- Step 1: Cut three round holes in the butter tub, big enough for a budgie to fit through easily. Cut one on the top and two in the sides.
- Step 2: Attach four nylon ropes to four sides under the lid, like a hanging flower pot holder.
- Step 3: Place two plastic balls with bells inside the tub.
My four babies are having a ball in their recycled butter tub gym.