The Budgie & Parakeet Place DIY Pages:
Recipe: Maulin's Tropical Fruit Salad
Submitted by: Maulin
This tropical fruit salad is the best tasting treat your bird will have ever eaten.
What You'll Need:
- Cutting utensil
- cutting board
- 1 Kiwi
- 2 Tbsp coconut shavings or shredded coconut
- 4 Slices banana
- 2-4 Pieces pineapple
- Step 1: Peel the kiwi and cut 2 round slices, take the seeds out and cut each seedless slice in half.
- Step 2: Take a banana and peel about one-fourth of it and slice about two to four times.
- Step 3: Mash the kiwi and the banana (cut into smaller pieces first if necessary).
- Step 4: Make sure the pineapple pieces are small if not cut them a little smaller.
- Step 5: Take some mashed banana and flatten.
- Step 6: Put some of the fruit on the banana and roll up in to a ball with the banana covering the fruit.
- Step 7: Put some coconut shavings on top.
Put in your budgie's bowl and hear him chirp happily while he eats it! Or if you want to eat it, put sweet syrup on yours (NOT your bird's).
Back to DIY Main Page
Back to The Budgie Place
© 1997-2012 Melinda (Mindy) Amaral
This website in its entirety is owned, designed, coded, and scripted by The Budgie and Parakeet Place founder and webmaster Mindy Amaral. Please ask permission before adapting any of its contents for personal use.