The Budgie & Parakeet Place DIY Pages:
Eucalyptus Bark Chew
Submitted by: Andrew
Author's Note: I use the bark from eucalyptus trees to keep my birds entertained.
What You'll Need:
- Eucalyptus bark, I try to use bark that the tree has already shed, but sometimes I peel loose bark off the tree
- Step 1: Gather pieces of Eucalyptus bark (use bark that is loose or has been shed from the tree).
- Step 2: Put in the oven for 30 minutes at 200-250 °F (90-120 °C) to kill any bugs that might cause problems for the budgies. (Soak the bark in a little water before putting it in the oven to prevent it from burning or smoking.)
- Step 3: Allow the bark to cool in the oven.
- Step 4: Hang it inside their cage with a clip and watch them chew it to shreds.
They love it more than any of the toys I buy in the store.
Back to DIY Main Page
Back to The Budgie Place
© 1997-2012 Melinda (Mindy) Amaral
This website in its entirety is owned, designed, coded, and scripted by The Budgie and Parakeet Place founder and webmaster Mindy Amaral. Please ask permission before adapting any of its contents for personal use.