The Budgie & Parakeet Place DIY Pages:
Recipe: Handy Conditioning Salad
Submitted by: Harry
Author's Note: Here's a recipe for baby and adult birds to help with conditioning.
What You'll Need:
- Cutting utensil
- Cutting board
- Glass cup
- Egg food (your favorite choice)
- Celery (full stalk)
- Shredded Carrots (pre-packaged)
- Step 1: Slice Celery into 1 inch cuts (tops or leaves can stay on).
- Step 2: Moisten egg food in glass cup (1/4 cup)
- Step 3: Add to moistened egg food mixture 1/4 cup of shredded carrots.
- Step 4: Spoon the Carrot/Egg food mixture over the Celery.
- Step 5: Slice orange into thin slivers.
- Step 6: Serve a celery cut and orange sliver in each cup or on the sides of feed container for your birds to enjoy!
Makes enough for a dozen birds or add to cups for breeding pairs. Remove from cages/aviary at the end of the day.
Back to DIY Main Page
Back to The Budgie Place
© 1997-2012 Melinda (Mindy) Amaral
This website in its entirety is owned, designed, coded, and scripted by The Budgie and Parakeet Place founder and webmaster Mindy Amaral. Please ask permission before adapting any of its contents for personal use.