Submitted by: Briar
Author’s Note: This is a fun way to entertain your budgie! Not only is it cheap, but it’s both a toy and a treat! Watch them slowly rip this toy apart, and eat what they find inside!
What You’ll Need:
- Toilet paper roll (just the cardboard roll)
- Newspaper (black and white ink only), tissues, or other bird-safe wrapping material
- Bird-safe twine
- Treats, such as fruit, bird biscuits, etc.
- Step 1: Take a toilet paper roll and fill it with treats.
- Step 2: Wrap the filled roll in the bird-safe wrapping material so that both open ends of the toilet paper roll are covered. Use scissors if needed.
- Step 3: To keep the wrapping material in place so that is doesn’t slide off, tie a band of bird-safe twine around the wrapped roll. Use scissors if needed.
- Step 4: Now decide how you’re going to put it into the cage. You could attach your mini piñata to the bars of the cage, or onto a ladder using twine. It’s your decision!
Now watch your cute feathered friend have fun tearing into his new toy/treat!