Submitted by: Mary Anne Buckles
This is MY recipe. I was given a rather complex one by the man I bought my original budgies from but I find this one easier and the budgies love it. I mix it up once in a while with other things but this is the basic recipe. I find that budgies love the sprouts.
What You’ll Need:
- Screened sprouting jars
- Food processor
- Seeds for sprouting
- Black oil sunflower
- Any and all of the heartier seeds
- Kale or collard greens
- Barley and/or dried peas (cooked and dried)
- Step 1: Soak seeds in screened jar. Rinse all seeds 2 times a day. Seeds will sprout and are ready for use in 3-4 days.
- Step 2: When seeds are ready, rinse seeds a final time making sure they are not dripping wet.
- Step 3: Put all sprouted seed into a large bowl.
- Step 4: Using a food processor, grind up the kale or collard and then a large carrot and add them to the large bowl.
- Step 5: Add a sprinkle of barley and/or dried peas.
Will last refrigerated for 3-4 days.