Submitted by: Rowan McAuliffe
This is one of Rowan’s budgie’s favorite treats
What You’ll Need:
- Bowl and mixing spoon
- Baking dish
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 tsp. finely ground cuttlebone
- 1 cup hulled millet
- 2 tbsp. liquid honey
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp. raw wheat germ
- 4 egg yolks
- Step 1: Place all ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
- Step 2: Pat into a greased and floured baking dish.
- Step 3: Bake for 30 minutes or until firm (if edges start to get too brown, cover with foil).
- Step 4: Cool and cut into small squares.