Submitted by: Marlene Kennedy
What You’ll Need:
- Piece of leather shoelace or string
- Cheerios or Honey Nut Cheerios
- Peanut butter
- Birdseed that is left in their food bowl
- Step 1: Tie a knot on one end of a leather shoelace. You can make it as long or short as you want.
- Step 2: String on Cheerios leaving a couple inches at the top so you can tie it to cage wire or a hook.
- Step 3: Spread with thin layer of peanut butter to cover cereal.
- Step 4: Roll in the uneaten seeds that you saved when you change the food bowls or you can use fresh seeds.
- Step 5: Hang or tie in cage and let your bird enjoy their new treat.
- Step 6: Remove if not eaten in a day or so and make them a new one.
Once in a while, I will use dry oatmeal to coat the peanut butter with instead of the birdseed.