Submitted by: Alli
Author’s Note: My budgies absolutely love their “birdie bread.” Its extremely simple to make, and very healthy for them, too, and can be given to them daily. Just one batch of the bread lasts for about a month, depending on how many budgies you have. I find the bread very helpful for converting budgies to pellets- it helps them get used to bread-y foods.
What You’ll Need:
- Mixing bowl
- Bread pan
- Cornbread mix and the ingredients for it (listed on its packaging)
- Hulled millet, pellets, veggies, or any combination of the three
- Step 1: Prepare the cornbread batter according to the directions on its packaging.
- Step 2: Mix in a fairly large amount of the millet, pellets, veggies, etc.
- Step 3: Bake according to package directions.
- Step 4: Let cool, cut into squares and freeze all but a few.
To serve, crumble a square and either mix it in with their seed/other food or supply another dish with just the bread in it.